About Me

header ads

GERALD ANDERSON: Launches K9 Search and Rescue Foundation

GERALD ANDERSON: Launches K9 Search and Rescue Foundation 


Birthday boy Gerald Randolph Anderson, Jr is set to launch today, March 7, 2016 his foundation aptly called Gerald Anderson Foundation Inc.

Only a few people knew that the 27-year old Gerald has such a big heart. His family, friends and loyal fans could attest that the actor and PBB alumni had risk his own life and come to the rescue of his neighbors in Quezon City at the height of tropical storm Ondoy. And even went to Southern Mindanao and Yolanda struck Tacloban, and had given help to our needy brothers and sisters there. Still, Gerald felt that what he had done was not enough, he strongly felt that he could have done more. That's why he thought of this foundation which would really come handy in case a tragedy struck us in the Philippines or the world. ( Knock on wood, huwag naman po sana).

The foundation's primary goal is to serve the Philippines and the world in providing prompt response with specialized canines, highly trained personnel, and equipment that aid and assist in the recovery of missing persons as well as to participate in search-and-rescue operations in calamity-struck areas.



“The Anderson Foundation is being formed as we speak. It will also involve my brother, Ken (who is also an actor), and the rest of my family,” Gerald quips.

“I thought of this because I wanted to join the military before joining show business. This will fill my life with more passion and meaning.”

According to Gerald, the foundation’s first project is a canine-aided search and rescue unit. “Our dogs will help look for missing people in areas struck by calamities, like Tacloban. I own one of the dogs. I named him Fredo after my character in ‘Dyesebel.’ My brother has two (both Labradors). We are currently a six-man team that includes my dad, my brother Ken and of course, my dad's friend who trained K9's for over 30 years now and had a hands-on experiences in actual search and rescue operations.”

He added: “Ours is the only group of its kind in Asia—a team with privately-owned dogs trained for search and rescue. This will not be just for the Philippines. If we’re needed in places like Nepal (where an magnitude-8.1 earthquake struck in April), we will go there, too.”

The actor said there will also be projects to benefit kids with special needs. “This is my way of giving back. I also plan to tie up with Ocean Adventure for other projects.”






Gerald was recently named Ocean Adventure Subic Bay’s first brand ambassador. “They first saw me when I brought the Cancer Warriors (a group of young cancer patients) to the theme park.”

He added: “As part of the campaign, I got to play with the dolphins and sea lions. I was so thrilled by the experience! Before that session, I was only able to see them as an audience. It was my first time to spend time with them. The park has other exciting shows with animals that no one thought were even trainable. Imagine being able to make chickens do tricks. It’s amazing!”

Gerald said he learned a lot from the experience. “Humans are not the only living species in the world that can be taught. It’s sad because I was told that our country is the third in Asia with the biggest number of plastic wastes in our bodies of water. I hope we could change our ways before it’s too late.”

To accomplish the challenges Gerald's foundation will need your help. You could give donations in any form whether it is cash or dogs, office, cellphone. etc. They also need volunteers and could even teach you how to train your dog to be a k9 rescuer!

For further information please feel free to contact:


Website

https://www.geraldandersonfoundation.org

e-mail addresses: 

donations@geraldandersonfoundation.org
info@geraldandersonfoundation.org
director@geraldandersonfoundation.org

Gerald Anderson Foundation Inc.
Cavalli Business Center 
3rd Floor, Corinthian Plaza,
Paseo De Roxas Makati City

Telephone Numbers:

(02) 804-1614
0921-652-2826
0995-158-9115

#AlwaysBeMyMaybe is still showing tweeps. It will be a Bday Gift for Gerald to watch the movie @TGAForg #HappyBirthdayGerald .

Post a Comment

0 Comments